• 3-4 cups water
• 2 spoonful’s of salt
• 2 cups of rice
• 2 onions
• 2 celery sticks
• 1 bell pepper
• 2 spoonful’s of vegetable oil
• 1/2 Stick of butter
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 cans of tomato sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
• 2 pounds of shrimp
• 1 bunch of scallions
• Bring water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat in a heavy pot, then stir in rice. Cover pot, then reduce heat to low and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, then keep covered.
• While rice is cooking, cook onions, celery, and bell pepper in oil and butter in a wide heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring
occasionally, until pepper is softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes with juice, water, cayenne, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and simmer, uncovered, stir frequently to prevent scorching, until very thick, 45 to 50 minutes.
• Add shrimp and simmer, stirring frequently, until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add scallion greens and rice and stir until combined well, then season with salt if desired.
• Rice and tomato sauce, without shrimp and scallions, can be made 3 days ahead and cooled completely, uncovered, then chilled separately in airtight containers. Reheat rice in a colander or large sieve set over a pot of boiling water, covered with a dampened paper towel. Reheat sauce in pot before proceeding.